Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Is doing Pointe on tile floor bad?

When I practice pointe I normally do so on a hardwood floor. Is is slippery enough as it is but I can't imaging trying to on a tile floor. Unless the tile is the textured stone stuff (not the shiny stereotypical bathroom and kitchen floor) I think you'd be fine. It may be easier if you find somewhere with that or even hardwood. You are right about the pressure on your foot on a hard surface. My dance studio uses a more boient floor to make is easier but there is one with a dance may over tile and it is harder to dance on. It's probably not considered 'bad' to dance on in long terms so you should be fine. Have fun and don't give up with pointe! I'm sure that you will improve overtime. Just always think confident :).

No comments:

Post a Comment